The specialists at the Gold Coast Center for Veterinary Care are committed to diagnosing, treating, and monitoring any health condition or disease your pet may have.
If your pet is sick, we will help you find the answers to your pet’s medical conditions and improve your pet’s quality of life. Commonly diagnosed medical problems such as diabetes, kidney disease, liver disease and thyroid disease can be treated with the most current medical or surgical protocols.
Our internists specialize in disorders that are complicated to diagnose or to treat, or multi-system disease processes, or internal illnesses that are not responding to medical treatment as expected by your family veterinarian.
Our specialists are able to diagnose and treat most of the more complex disorders, including:
- Neurology (stroke, paralysis, neurological disorders)
- Cardiology (hypertension, heart failure, heart murmurs)
- Endocrine (diabetes, thyroid disturbances)
- Gastrointestinal (vomiting/diarrhea, inflammatory bowel disease)
- Respiratory (kennel cough, pneumonia, upper respiratory disease)
- Liver (portosystemic shunts, “yellow” skin, weight loss)
- Renal (acute or chronic kidney failure)
- Urinary (incontinence, inappropriate urination, infection)
- Immune-mediated (anemia, polyarthritis)
- Infectious (canine influenza, leptospirosis, toxoplasmosis)
Diagnosing Your Pet
At the Gold Coast Center for Veterinary Care, we use state of the art diagnostic tools to diagnose your pet, including:
- Digital radiography