We are excited to announce that Carol A. Margolis, DVM has joined the Gold Coast Center for Veterinary Care to head up our Theriogenology Services (reproductive services) for cats and dogs. Dr. Margolis is a Medical Genetics resident at the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine. She is a Diplomate of the American College of Theriogenologists and is an active member of the Society for Theriogenology and The Theriogenology Foundation.
Through Penn Vet, Dr. Margolis has lectured on pediatrics, medical genetics, reproductions. Her published papers include “Neonatal Resuscitation” and “Congenital Peritoneopericardial Diaphragmatic Hernia in a Family of Persian Cats”. Having performed hundreds of theriogenological procedures, Dr. Margolis will be a great asset to Gold Coast.
Meet our Theriogenology Specialist Carol Margolis, DVM, DACT
Canine & Feline Reproductive Services for Breeders
Dr. Margolis and the reproductive team at Gold Coast Center for Veterinary Care understand the importance of maximizing the success of each canine and feline breeding. We take great care to assist you with each step of the entire breeding process and are here to answer all your questions and assist you whenever needed.
Prior to breeding your canine or feline, we recommend performing the appropriate health tests for your breed. Healthy cats and dogs have improved fertility and better conception rates. If there are any health issues, we will address them pro-actively. The following pre-breeding evaluation tests are available from the Gold Coast Center for Veterinary Care:
- Breeding Soundness Evaluation
- Male/Female Infertility Diagnostics
- Brucellosis Testing for Canine-Specific STDs
- OFA Testing for Joint Dysplasia/Abnormalities
- Hereditary Disease Awareness
- LH Testing (females)
- Complete Semen Evaluation (males)
Our state-of-the art canine and feline reproductive services include:
- Semen Collection, Evaluation, Chilling/Freezing & Shipping
- With Assistance For National or International Shipments (USDA Certified Vets on Staff)
- Infertility Problem Solving
- Ovulation Timing
- Artificial Insemination (AI)
- Pregnancy Diagnosis and Management
- High-Risk Pregnancy Management
- Whelping Assistance & Neonatal Care
- Early Pediatric Care with The Neonatal
If you have any questions about Gold Coast’s Reproductive Services or questions about breeding your canine or feline, please give us a call at (631) 923-2530.